This is a distillation of What SF and Fantasy are. This core philosophy is the reason why they alone have not forgotten what made the genre great in the first place.
We hold these truths to be self-evident:
- Humanity is worth saving.
- One planet is not enough for humans.
- Experiments and efforts to reach space are not a waste of money, but useful for life on earth, and reaching beyond it.
- The government is incapable of reaching out to the stars, private endeavors will be the ones to drive that movement.
- We write and publish to persuade others toward that goal of reaching out to the stars.
- Science Fiction stories further that persuasion and expansion of imagination.
- This is why science fiction needs to be based in hard science, and also why fantasy needs to create the understanding of what it is that heroes do.
- This is no way interferes with belief in a higher power – or conversely, requires belief in a higher power.
I listened to Toni Weisskopf deliver that thrilling declaration of what science fiction is for on…
View original post 629 more words